Wednesday, June 17, 2020

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...sort of!

  
     
WE'RE ON THE ROAD AGAIN…sort of. Actually, we left Arizona (finally) and are camped in Ft. Collins, Colorado for the summer. With everything going on in our world, we felt it best to find a stationary place for a few months.

And what better place than camping close to the mountains. When Ray’s not working at the campground, and I’m not writing or trying to organize our life, you’ll find us enjoying the beautifulness surrounding us.

That is when everything opens back up…whatever that will look like.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve had trouble concentrating since all this pandemic started. Usually, my unsettledness has to do with me listening to too much news, but not this time. Thirty minutes (or so) is my limit each evening because that’s all my psyche can take.

And another reason for my shortened TV time – I don’t want to put all my trust in people (media, government, science, etc.). Yes, they’re giving me much-needed information (and am thankful for it), but I find too much of it takes my eyes and heart off of the Lord.

I need to keep my focus on the Great Physician. The Bible tells us, “Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

When I pray, my worries about what might happen fade away. In its place is a calm assurance that all things will work out. It may not be how I would have orchestrated it, but He’s the One in charge – not me.

Not to talk politics, but trust me, you don’t want me to run this country. But then again…that’s something to think about. A comedian for President. Who needs foreign policy when they’re laughing because I’ve put a whoopee cushion on their seat?

Need I say more? Take care and stay safe. And more than anything else – pray and trust in the Lord.


WRITING NEWS:
If you didn't see last month's newsletter. The title of my new book is: Waltzing with a Grease Monkey (it will release July 1, 2020). Here is the book cover. I LOVE IT!!! Hope you do too. Let me know. 

Until next time…
Blessings!!!

Janetta Fudge Messmer - Author of Christian Comedy
“Turning Life Into Comedy”

No comments: