Monday, August 26, 2024

   


WE FINALLY MOVED NORTH
(Book News, an oops, and a hint)
  
Most of you know I LOVE sunsets. So, I had to share the photo (see above) that I took at Lindsey Creek Winery outside of Lewiston, Idaho. I may have to use it as a future book cover. We’ll see, but it sure made me praise the Lord for the beauty He created.

As the title says, “We finally moved north.” And we’re enjoying the cooler temperatures with less A/C and more breezes coming in the opened windows. Last night, though, temps called for an extra blanket. I chuckled when we tucked it in, remembering the 100+ we’d left behind a week ago.

 



As you will see, I’m jumping around this month. I took these photos when we were still in the southern part of Idaho. A lady we met told us, “Oh, you have to go to Silver City. You’ll be on some dirt roads, but they aren’t bad.”

We headed up there and let me tell you – I’m glad we had a 4-wheel drive Jeep because we used it to get there. It’s an old mining town, and people still live there. The two buildings shouted for me to take their picture, so I did.

 

About a week ago, Ray’s computer acted up. He fixed it and moved on. The next day, I opened mine, and a black screen stared back at me. As a writer, that’s not a happy sight to see. Hubby worked on mine and got it working too.

Unfortunately, it didn’t last, and now I'm the proud owner of a new computer. Some of you might be asking, "Why the
 above photo?" I’m glad you asked. When you replace a 'puter (as I like to call it), it's stressful.

We worked on the project of moving information from one computer to the new one. I got quite flustered. No, on a scale of 1 to 10, I was at 1050. I kept saying to my hubby, “I don’t want to lose anything.”

As excessive amount of tears ran down my cheeks (yes, I was a big baby), Ray assured me that everything had moved to their rightful place and handed me my computer and mouse. I dried my tears and checked out everything. 

This is where the above photo comes into play. After I put my computer away, I decided to call my sister to tell her my woes. I got up and was halfway to the bedroom when I realized I was carrying my mouse, not my phone. I laughed and told Ray, "Please take a picture of me. My readers will get a kick out of it." And I hope you did!

PS: My hero (Ray) won an award for his patience that day, that’s for sure.


WRITING NEWS:
 

If you talk to any writer, they will tell you about boo-boos they’ve made in their manuscripts. Above is one of mine. I thought you’d enjoy seeing it. I’m glad it didn’t make it into the book. And I’d like to know how she talked with a mouthful of toothpaste. HA!!!
 

 
After reading this sign, I had to take a picture of it. I can see my character in Book #12 saying this exact thing. Am I dropping a hint of what the book is about? Stayed tuned for more clues in the coming months.
 

The final bit of writing news…Early Birds Adventures (a 5-book series) is ON SALE for $3.99 through August 31. https://amzn.to/47xzLbg

And, as always, thank you for reading my books and monthly newsletter!!!

Until next time…

 
Janetta Fudge Messmer - Author of Christian Comedy/Romances
“Turning Life Into Comedy”
E-mail: janettafudgemessmer@gmail.com
Website and sign up for the newsletter: http://janettafudgemessmer.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/janetta.fudge.messmer

No comments: