Wednesday, April 28, 2010

POETRY - HAIKU

Good Morning Everyone:

Throughout the month of April you've learned poetry comes in all kinds of forms and fashions. Today I want to share another fun way to write a poem.

HAIKU (hikoo is how it's pronounced) - 1. a Japanese three line poem of usually 17 syllables. 2. an English imitation of this.

Here are three examples of ones I've written. After you've finished reading mine - why not try your hand at writing a Haiku yourself. Not too many words, but in the end you've said so much.

#1
Waters flow downstream,
Cascading to meet the river.
Where does it ever end?

#2
At peace, the forest rests.
Creatures, life, nature.
Simple, yet profound.

#3
Our God, the Majestic One
in all the earth. Praise Him.
He is awesome.

Love ya,
nettie

PS: Be sure to check in on Thursday and Friday because they are the last two days of my month long Poemapalooza. I hope you've enjoyed this journey as much as I have.

No comments: