Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Seven days and counting

Okay, if you haven't noticed, I haven't written in my blog like I promised - keeping you abreast of the exciting life of a writer. The reason: I'm behind in all areas of my life. Let me recap (give you a number of valid excuses why I'm pulling out my gray hair). November 1st arrived and my sister from Kansas City is visiting. She knows about my 50,000 words and encourages me to write to my hearts content while she watches HGTV. I don't (I do the bare minimum and call it a good day). November 2nd dawns and I get a call asking me if I want to transcribe three tapes (I type a doctor's journal for him whenever he gets a tape ready). "Sure," I say. Under my breath I add, "put in the stack with the other obligations I promised myself for November."

Before you think I've given up on my challenge of 50,000 words, I haven't. As of today (Nov. 7) I've written 10,889 words. The book I'm following for this venture, "No Plot, No Problem" says I should be at 11,739 words on the 7th, so I'm a mere 850 shy. Not to worry, I'll catch up on it tomorrow since I finished the job of typing the doctor's tapes today.

Tomorrow on my schedule I've written "TYPE, TYPE, TYPE." Can I do it? YES I CAN! Will I catch up on the word count? YES I WILL! I'm going to kick in the afterburners and get-ur-done.

Nettie

No comments: