Friday, December 01, 2006

IT IS DONE - YIPPEE!!!

NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month) is over for another year. I made my 50,680 words at 6:20 last night. The official clock on Chris Baty's site said I still had 5 hours and 40 minutes when I wrote THE END, but I and my story were finished. YIPPEE!!!!

I mentioned in an earlier blog (I hope I did) that my Monday night writer's group did it last year. Instead of doing it in November when all the other NANOWRIMOS do it, we did it in June. The only difference from this year to last - the novel I finished yesterday is a salvagable (I'm almost sure of it). Last year's novel could be penned as a dumping ground for pent up frustrations and unexpressed anger at whoever might come in contact with my main character (loosely based on myself). Sounds like a book you'd just love to pick up for some light reading, doesn't it. NOT!!

The characters in my latest novel (oh, I love saying those words) resemble sane, very likable, and funny people. None are based on any particular person I know. I didn't want anyone to recognize themselves in my book and get mad if they didn't look anything like they see themselves. I'm thinking I got a little too deep for my own good in that last sentence.

Anyway, I had to write and tell you I'm finished with this project. Chris Baty says to let it simmer for a month before we begin the editing process. I'm not sure I can wait that long, but I'll try. In the mean time, I'll continue writing and submitting. Already today, I sent off two short stories. Busy, busy, busy.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!

Nettie

1 comment:

DebbieDoesLife said...

I had not doubt that you would finish. Your writing gets better and better. If I would spend more time writing, I'll bet mine would too!