Wednesday, September 16, 2026

 



GLAD TO BE HOME
(And our hearts are happy!)

 
Can you believe that we stopped at the Corn Palace again? It’s like it draws us in like a magnet. And, as you can see in the photo above, they commemorated America's 250th birthday. As usual, it was well worth the stop.
 

I have to brag on another tourist attraction in South Dakota that we found. Firehouse Brewery in Rapid City created it. Instead of Stonehenge, this one is called Firehenge. The fire trucks are literally planted in one area for you to view them. Cool place!
 
 
We made it to Rapid City for four days of fun with JP (our friend and birthday lady). Her 80th Birthday Bash showed her how well-loved she is. We also got to see a few people there that we hang out with in the winter in Arizona.

 


 
Our final stop was Custer, South Dakota, to see Mount Rushmore (again) and more friends. Last year, we started the tradition of meeting them on Wednesday nights at the Bingo hall, and we continued it this year. Two in our group won. And I wasn't one of them. HA!

 
 
I had to share one of the cutest things from the last few days of our trip—seeing deer in the backyard of our friends’ house. And, by the way, along with salad, they also love watermelon. Who knew!
 
We eventually had to say goodbye to South Dakota and our friends and head back to Arizona. We made it, and it’s still hot. No surprise there, but it’s nice to be settled. And for those of you who let us bunk in your homes…you’re the best. Thank you!


If you have any vacation pictures you'd like to share from this summer, send them to me. I'd love to see them.

SEPTEMBER FUNNY:
The last evening of our couch/bedroom-surfing trip, our friend Carol commented on something I’d said. Before I could respond, Ray said, “I’m hard of hearing, but Janetta can’t hear a mosquito fart from a mile away.” 
 
 
Waltzing with a Grease Monkey is ON SALE for $0.99!
 
Penelope teaches ballroom dancing. At night, she moonlights as a mechanic alongside her ex-boyfriend, Derek. One day, her two professions collide. Will Harrison waltz into the studio and steal Penelope’s heart, or will Derek’s wit win her over?

 
Until next time…
 
P.S. Thank you to the new subscribers!


Until next time…

Janetta Fudge Messmer - Author of Christian Comedy/Romances
“Turning Life Into Comedy!”
E-mail: janettafudgemessmer@gmail.com
Website and sign up for my newsletter: http://janettafudgemessmer.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/janetta.fudge.messmer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nettiefudge

No comments: