Thursday, January 14, 2021

                                                   

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And before I do anything else, it’s time to announce the winners from December's newsletter. Congratulations to: Dawn C., Connie R., Linda A., Judy M., and Lee F. Your books are on their way.
 
Thanks to the winners and everyone for entering my Christmas drawing. And there will be more opportunities to win prizes in 2021, but I’m not telling when I’ll offer more fun gifts/prizes. You’ll have to keep reading my newsletters. :)
 
As of a few days ago (January 3), I’m a year older. My Medicare card is in my wallet. Getting it in the mail came with mixed emotions. I do not feel old enough to receive it (Physically – maybe a little, but mentally – I’m still a teenager. HA!!!).
 
And the audacity of the government – I received the dreaded card two months before my birthday. It’s like they were trying to rub in the fact that I’m getting older. “Nah! Nah! Nah! Janetta, we didn’t want you to forget you’re turning the Big 65.”
 
I lived through the day, and have to give a shout out to my hubby for his choice of gifts. If there was an item that had Kansas City Chiefs logo on it – I now own it. The license plate holder is already on our Jeep. The K.C. sticker will go on the back of the RV. And I'm wearing the mask (see below). He’s the best.

Yes, I turned another year older (YIKES), but it’s only a number. I’ve decided to enjoy the days that the Lord has given me, and I hope you do the same. And let’s show kindness when given the chance. We may be an answer to someone’s prayer.
 

WRITING NEWS:
 
For the third year in a row, my published is offering want-a-be authors an opportunity. Go to www.wingedpublications.com and click on the Menu item for the Taking Flight Contest 2021. Here’s your chance at publishdom.
 
Also, I’m getting back to writing. My work in progress is in the editing out duplicate-word phase. Every time I do this, I’m amazed at how many times I use the same word. Then I'll send it off to hubby to read and he'll tell me if there’s hope for the manuscript.
 
Until next time…
 

Blessings!

Janetta Fudge Messmer - Author of Christian Comedy

“Turning Life Into Comedy”

No comments: