Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BEYOND THE NIGHT

Once again, I'm given the honor of reviewing an outstanding book. And, as usual, the task at hand scares me half to death because I'm not sure my words will give Marlo Schalesky's novel, Beyond the Night, the justice it deserves.

As I turned the pages of Beyond the Night, Marlo transported me into another time and place. Her compelling love story brought a smile to my face. Other times, her well crafted words made me want to sit and cry for Maddie and Paul. But, when I finished reading, I knew a deeper meaning of God's love for His children.

CAN MADDIE MOVE BEYOND THE NIGHT?

They say love is blind. This time, they're right. As a woman lies unconscious in a hospital bed, her husband waits beside her, urging her to wake up and come home. Between them lies an ocean of fear and the tenuous grip of memories long past. Memories of wonder. Of love. Memories of a girl named Madison and a boy named Paul...

Madison Foster knew she was going blind. But she didn't want pity--not from her mother, not from her roommate, and especially not from her best friend, Paul--the man she secretly loved.

Paul Tilden knew a good thing when he saw it. And a good thing was his friendship with Maddie Foster. That is, until he started to fall in love.

With the music of the seventies as their soundtrack and its groovy fashions as their scenery, Maddie and Paul were drawn together and driven apart. Then one night changes everything...forever.

And only now, when life tiptoes past the edge of yesterday, along the rim of today, can they glimpse the beauty that awaits them...beyond the night.

Thank you, Marlo, and I'm looking forward to your next two books in this series.

nettie

No comments: